Last updated: September 29, 2020
SkyGrid, LLC (“SkyGrid”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is processed fairly and lawfully in line with all relevant privacy legislation. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to set out the principles governing our use of personal information that we may obtain about you through this website (the “Site”) and in connection with the provision of our services (the “Services”). By using this Site, you agree to our use of the personal information that we obtain about you.
Please read this Privacy Statement and the Terms of Service located at https://www.skygrid.com/terms-of-service/ carefully. We may change our Privacy Statement from time to time. We therefore ask you to check it occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this Site. If a revision meaningfully changes your rights, we will notify you in compliance with applicable laws. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
For your convenience, this Site may contain links to a number of other websites. The privacy policies and procedures described here do not apply to those sites; we suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their data collection and distribution policies. Any reference to a linked site or any specific third party product or service by name does not constitute or imply its endorsement by us, and you assume all risk with respect to its use.
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following information to provide, improve and protect our Site and our Services.
The data we collect and process.
You may give us personal information, which is any information that alone or in combination with other information can identify you, by visiting or interacting with the Site, filling in forms on the Site, interacting with our Services, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This personal information includes the following data which are referred to in this Privacy Statement as ‘your data’, ‘your personal information’ or ‘your personal information’:
- personal information you provide when you interact with the Site and our Services. The personal information you give us may include your name, company, mailing address, email address, phone number, country, resume information, feedback and any other information you choose to provide to us;
- technical data such as your internet protocol (IP) address, the web page you visited before visiting our Site, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Site;
- usage data which tells us how you use our Site, including which pages you view and how you interact with the Site;
- marketing and communication data which tells us your preference in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences;
- sensitive personal information such as your race or ethnicity, your political opinions, religious beliefs, membership in a trade union, physical or mental health condition, sexual orientation, or criminal offenses; and
- third party data, as the Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications which may transfer your personal information to us. These third parties may ask you for your consent to the collection of your sensitive personal information, such as when you submit an online job application. We do not control these third parties and are not responsible for their privacy policies. However, if your sensitive personal information is transferred to us from a third party, we may rely on your consent to the collection of personal information given to the third party for our processing.
Purposes for which we will use your data
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. The ways we plan to use your personal information are as follows:
- Services. We collect feedback in order to provide, update, and improve our Services and our Site.
- Usage. We also use your data, especially usage data and technical data, including the actions you take in your account (such as Site visits, page interaction information, and search history), to evaluate and improve our Site and our Services.
- Marketing. We also use your data to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, select the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any e-mail communication from us.
- Relationship. We will also use your data to manage our relationship with you which will include notifying you about changes in our Privacy Statement and asking you to leave a review or take a survey, as well as responding to any inquiries or requests from you.
- Sale. We will use your personal information in preparation for the event of a sale of the Company.
- Legal. We will use your personal information to meet our legal and compliance obligations.
Sharing your data
We may share information as discussed below, but we won’t sell it to advertisers or third parties.
Service Providers. SkyGrid uses trusted third parties (i.e. IT services, analytics services, etc.) to help us provide, improve, protect, and promote our Site and our Services. These third parties, including Google Analytics, will access your information only to perform tasks on our behalf in compliance with this Privacy Statement, and we’ll remain responsible for their handling of your information per our instructions.
Other applications and third-party links. The Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies. When you leave our Site, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. Please remember that their use of your personal information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
Corporate Change. We may transfer your personal information in the event of a sale, reorganization or merger of the Company.
Legal. We may share your personal information with regulatory bodies, law enforcement entities, and judicial courts, and others as required by law.
Protecting your data
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry standard practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. However, information shared online is never 100% secure.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We have implemented measures and procedures that adequately protect the privacy of individuals and ensure that data protection is integral to all processing activities. This includes implementing measures which may include
- Data minimization (e.g. not keeping data for longer than is necessary);
- Cyber security; and
- A data security policy.
Your rights – individuals in the European Union
We process your personal information based on the following legal bases:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
If you are an individual in the European Union, you have certain rights with respect to the access, correction, restriction, and erasure of your personal information stored on our platform at any time. You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Your rights include the following:
- Accessing your data. Upon request, we shall provide any information relating to your data and our processing of your data in a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible form using clear and plain language. The information shall be provided in writing or by other means, including, where appropriate, by electronic means within 30 days of a written request.
- Correcting your data. You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information on our platform. If we have given your personal information to any third parties, we will notify those third parties that SkyGrid has received a request to rectify your personal information, unless doing so proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal information they hold – however, we are not in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
- Erasing your data. You can ask us to erase your personal information stored on our platform. If we receive a request to erase your data, we will ask you if you want your personal information to be removed entirely or if you want to be kept on a list of individuals who do not want to be contacted in the future (for a specified period or otherwise). We cannot keep a record of individuals whose data we have erased so you may be contacted again by us, should we come into possession of your personal information at a later date.
If we have given your personal information to any third parties, we will tell those third parties that SkyGrid has received a request to erase your personal information, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal information they hold – however, SkyGrid will not be in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
Restricting the use of your data. We only process your personal information where we have the legal basis for doing so. You have the right to ask us to suspend or otherwise restrict the processing of your personal information where:
- You challenge the accuracy of the personal information;
- The processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- We no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you want us to hold it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- You have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have legitimate grounds to use it.
If we have given the personal information to any third parties, we will tell those third parties that we have received a request to restrict the use of your personal information, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal information they hold – however, we will not be in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
Withdrawing your consent. Where we are relying on consent to process your personal information (for example consent to receive marketing) you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain Services or services to you.
Complaints. If you believe that we have infringed your rights, we encourage you to contact us so that we can try to address your concerns or dispute informally. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority situated in a Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of alleged infringement. You can find the relevant supervisory authority name and contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-are-data-protection-authorities-dpas_en.
Your choices – individuals outside the European Union
Accessing Account Information. We will provide you with the means to ensure that personal information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by contacting us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Record of Data Transfer. SkyGrid will provide the right to request and receive, once a year and free of charge, information about third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) about you for our direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com and please include the phrase “Personal Information Privacy Request” in the subject line, the domain name of the website you are inquiring about, along with your name, address and email address. At our option, we may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how our users can exercise their options to prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
California Online Privacy Protection Act. As required by the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“California Act”) and the California Business and Professions Code, this Privacy Statement identifies the categories of personally identifiable information (as that term is defined above and in the California Act) that we collect through our Site about individual consumers who use or visit our Site and the categories of third- party persons or entities with whom such personally identifiable information may be shared. See more about the California Act at http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf.
Where we store and transfer your data
The Site is controlled by SkyGrid from its offices in the United States. SkyGrid may store and use information in the United States and other jurisdictions; any personal information provided to SkyGrid will be transmitted to or within those jurisdictions. SkyGrid also may transfer information and personal information to other jurisdictions to facilitate SkyGrid’s third party processors’ access to and/or processing of information and/or personal information.
Individuals in the EU. Whenever we transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it as in the EEA by using specific contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe.
SkyGrid makes no representation that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
We may process information by using technologies and methodologies, such as tags, web beacons or other similar technologies that enable tracking as you browse our Services. Cookies are small files used by many websites that reside on your computer’s hard drive and store information about your use of a particular site.
Generally, we use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes: to make our Services function properly; to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Services; to collect passive information about your use of our Services; to measure how you interact with our marketing campaigns; to help us improve our Services; and to remember your preferences for your convenience.
We may use the following types of cookies on our Services:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential because they enable you to use our Services. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Services. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes. This category of cookies is essential for our Services to work and they cannot be disabled.
- Functional Cookies – We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Services to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Services. We do not use functional cookies to target you with online marketing. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Services.
- Performance or Analytic Cookies – These cookies collect passive information about how you use our Services, including webpages you visit and links you click. We use the information collected by such cookies to improve and optimize our Services. We do not use these cookies to target you with online marketing. You can disable these cookies.
Your Choices. Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser. You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Services by taking the steps outlined below:
- First-Party Cookies. You can use the browser with which you are viewing this Site to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Site. Also, if you disable cookies other parts of the Services may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Third-Party Cookies. To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see http://www.aboutads.info/consumers.
We do not control third-parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third-parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. In addition, most web browsers provide help pages relating to setting cookie preferences. More information may be found for the following browsers here:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
By using this Site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence (18 in the U.S.) and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site. Please contact us if you believe we have collected personal information about a child without consent from their parent or guardian so we can take action to prevent such access and to delete their Personal Information from our Services.
Have questions or concerns about our Site, Services or Privacy Statement? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.